The Second Time Around Chronicles

This is a journey into motherhood for the second time. The first time the traveller was an unwed teenager. This second time around the journey involves a husband and the traveler is much older and world wearier. The first child is also now a teenager making a nice age difference between kids. The traveler is probably crazy for embarking on this journey a second time after so many years.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

There was a reason I started this blog...

I have yet to post on the subject, the reason I started this blog, and that was my wonderful children. In particular my new daughter, who as I think about it, isn't very new anymore at all. She's 10 mos old. I also have a 16 year old, soon to be 17 year old son. I KNOW nuts right? Huge age difference and some days I really DO think I am crazy.

Today is one of those days. My daughter has decided that sleep is beneath her. She has also decided that sleep of any kind can not be done in her own bed. And why is all of this ok with my DH? I want my bed back and a full nights sleep (I only need about 6 it's not alot to ask for.) But he is content to let her stay with us so I guess all the hard work of sleep training is all on me.

The reason this is so frustrating is because she has always slept very well. Not always sleeping through the night, but minimal wake ups and easily put back to sleep. Even seemed to like her own room and crib. Well not anymore. Those stupid experts can tell you jack shit. Every kid is different. And just when you think you've got your kid's deal figured out, they will flip it on you and have you scratching your head. Well that's where I'm at right now, scratching my head.

D&D's Iced coffees are my best friends these days.


Oh where or where have our sleep fairies gone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home